If you are thinking that people visit your website by search engines typed in key phrase, then you are wrong. They can enter the name of your company in the search engines and can know about the reputation of your company. The worst part is that if any of your ex-employees or disgruntled customer has posted some negative review or comment about your company on websites such as complaintsboard.com, reopffereport.com or on their blogs and forums, then your company can suffer from fewer sales.
Since these negative posts can’t be removed and nor it is convincing to reply on such bad reviews, thus it is important that you push them away from the first page of search engines. This technique is known as reputation management.
The introduction of social media has helped in the process of online reputation management. It is important to note that, besides social media optimization, search engine optimization is also required for the reputation management. Search engine optimization highlights the positives websites as well as buries the damaging references or posts deep inside the search results.
Tips for Reputation Management
- Create official online profiles: in a business, it is important not to allow anyone to talk about you. Thus, make your own online profile and complete it with full information about your site and type those things that you actually want to be.
- Stay on the Ball: it is recommended to always stay alert as well as perform monthly checks in order to see whether there is any kind of information that can prove to be harmful to you.
- Google yourself: one of the best ways for finding where the actual online reputation of your company is to Google yourself. After searching, see and find out what are the reasons for your bad online reputation. Your website should be standing on the first page of the Google and if it is not the case then you have to do some homework in order to achieve that.
- Assure everything can get on the web: saying about your professional or personal life online as well as offline, can harm you a lot. Thus, always be safe and careful with your emails, videos, and conversations.
- Check what people are saying about you online: it is very important to find out what various people are talking about your online business. There are various tools such as spy shakers, claim ID, free your ID garlic, etc through which one can easily keep himself in the loop.
- Choose your words carefully: if you are running or website or blogging, then it is advised not to go controversy. Even if you are having any social media profile, you should be careful with controversies because they can put you in problem in future.
Reputation Management Packages
Compare Reputation Management Packages
|Phrases protected & monitored||2||3||5|
|Search positions monitored and protected||Top 10||Top 10||Top 20|
|Development of Web 2.0 Sites/Micro Sites||No||Yes||Yes|
|Create Social Media Profiles||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Google Plus Page Creation||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Informative content Writing and Submissions||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Press Release Submissions||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Blog Creation & Content Posting||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Facebook Account Setup & Promotion||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Twitter Account Setup & Tweet Posting||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|LinkedIn Account Setup & Promotion||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Flickr Account Setup & Promotion||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Youtube Account Setup & Promotion||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Yahoo Answers Profile Creation||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Wikipedia Profile Creation||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Customer Review Campaigns||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Guest Blog Posts||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Online Tracking & Notification||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Pricing & Consultation||One Time Setup Fee||$0||$0||$0|